You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Permanent Quantity Surveyor - Dublin
My Main Contractor client has four Regional offices in Ireland, Head office being the beautiful Dublin! They work in both public and private sectors and they have clearly defined objectives. An opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Dublin team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor to join one of the most successful and recognisable contractors in Ireland who have built a superb name in the market and for someone who wants to take the next step in their career. My client is keen for someone to develop within the business.
Reporting to the Commercial Director you will be responsible for the commercial aspect of different Flagship Commercial & Retail projects, it is important that you can demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge and have previous experience and a proven track record in similar sectors. You will be responsible for projects from initial estimating through to final accounts.
* Ensure all commercial matters and procedures are correctly dealt with
* Attend pre-contract and design, pre-start and on-site progress meetings
* Estimating costs and controlling all variations to contracts to ensure cost recovery
* Procurement of materials and all sub-contract works, ensure the scope of works are clear
* Negotiating prices and preparation of sub-contract works
* Ensure sub-contractors meet selection criteria
* Liaison with site management, accounts and other members of the project team to obtain information and keep interested parties informed
* Submission of monthly valuations and submission of applications/invoices
* Preparation of management reports including cash flow forecasts and project margin reports
* Negotiating settlements on cost related disputes
Skills and Experience:
* The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Senior role preferably for a tier 1 contractor
* You will have strong management skills with an eye for detail and an ability to meet bid deadlines
* You will have a proven demonstrated track record and will have applied strong organisation skills to previous projects.
* Experience of 2 stage tenders, negotiating and cost planning are also prerequisites
* Experience working with a project from conception to RIBA stage 5 and demonstrating leading the design by cost in essential
* You will have an eye for recognising win themes and peruse these with the team
* You will have a strong personality with the ability to constructively inform others of your opinion with confidence in your own ability, but the ability to listen to others and consider an alternative option
* You will be IT literate and have excellent skills including Microsoft Office packages
* You will be able to work well with others and lead by example, this role will include the development of trainee colleagues
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: