You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Food Service Day Shift Warehouse Manager
Date – 4 January 2019
Position - Food Service Day Shift Warehouse Manager
Reports to – Company Directors
Responsible for – Store Warehouse personnel
The role – The post holder will oversee the day shift ensuring all objectives and key performance indicators are achieved. Other principle duties will be to ensure that wastage is reduced, available labour is used in the most cost effective manner, personnel are trained in Company procedures, health and safety and quality standards are achieved in line with Company policy, and ensuring that the division’s food stock management system is properly implemented and maintained.
Key duties / activities – The post holder will be responsible for
- Assigning and adapting duties and tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Motivating, inspiring and managing a team of Warehouse personnel to work effectively under pressure.
- Being continually aware of quality of produce.
- Ensuring employees maintain the store and outside areas are kept clean and tidy in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensuring produce is stored correctly and is quality checked.
- Implementing and maintaining control methods to ensure that incoming and outgoing stock volumes meet the required quality and temperature standards.
- Implementing and maintaining control methods to ensure that incoming and outgoing stock is accurately recorded on the in house computer system.
- Working closely with the Stock Controller to ensure daily and ad hoc rolling audits of physical stock, including reconciling physical stock against in-house computer software are carried out and accurate records are maintained and available at all times.
- Investigating and resolving any stock discrepancies, and communicating any stock discrepancies in a timely manner to all key departments as necessary.
- Managing and disposing of waste stock in a safe manner.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other duties from time to time.
- Previous Supervisory / Management experience in an operational environment.
- The capability of working with and motivating a team of workers.
- The ability to work flexible shift patterns and working hours which include weekends and customary holidays.
- Requirement to work additional hours due to the Job Role
- A proven ability to prioritise own work, and to work on own initiative to achieve desired results.
- Experience and understanding of a computerised stock control system gained preferably within a chilled food environment.
- IT literacy including MS Outlook and Excel.
- Hold a valid driving licence.
- Capable of lifting weights up to 20 kgs.
- Numerate and literate.
- Assist with daily and annual stock counts
Experience of handling fresh / chilled produce in a commercial environment
Knowledge and experience of health and safety, and hygiene legislative requirements including COSHH and HACCP
Possess a basic Food Hygiene certificate
Possess a valid counter balance forklift licence
Experience of using manual and electric pallet trucks.
Day shift working pattern Sunday to Friday
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
North Down Group Ltd
The job: has been sent to: