You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The Enterprise Architect will perform a key role within the Digital Service Team. The role will involve working closely with customers to understand the challenges they face and to design and govern the implementation of state of the art ICT solutions to deliver positive business outcomes, within the framework of agreed business strategies.
The role will involve working to apply Capita and 3rd party partner technologies and innovative service offerings to meet the technical and business objectives of a diverse range of new and existing Capita customers. You will work closely with Capita Sales & Service Delivery teams to identify, qualify and pursue new business opportunities, drawing on Capita and wider solutions experience to support architectural and strategic initiatives within new and existing customer accounts.
You will establish and maintain an excellent relationship with customers and colleagues alike and will operate in a trusted strategic advisor role, you will be an influencer with leadership skills, effective in engaging with customers, colleagues and suppliers at different levels to develop information strategy and future technology and business road-maps.
As an experienced architect, you will possess experience of complex bid environments and processes and of all stage of the solutions life cycle from sales qualification, solutions design and approval, contract negotiation to transition into service delivery is required.
What you will do:
* Identification of technology and service trends likely to impact our customers and markets
* Definition of services and propositions which we bring to market, including working with marketing and service delivery to ensure successful promotion and delivery
* Development and management of overall partner strategies and engagement
* Delivery of major proposals and bid activities to optimise our service propositions
* Delivery of high-quality, innovative secure solution designs
* Liaison with senior management team and Head of Digital Services to ensure offerings and proposal are fit for purpose
* Interaction with key customers and prospects to promote our services and offerings and address their key business issues
Your experience will include:
You will have worked within an architecture / pre-sales role for a minimum of 7 years and will have a demonstrable track record of success in the design and delivery of complex integrated technical and service solutions and the following competencies;
* Experience of working in a Sales support role to build a pipeline in target accounts & ensure that Capita is positioned appropriately to engage successfully on identified and qualified opportunities. Development and maintenance of a comprehensive understanding of IT market trends, products, services and propositions across technical disciplines, for example IT, Network and Applications, and sectors, for example Public, Private, Commercial, Third Sector and Financial Services.
* Identification of functional requirements and definition of high level IT strategies and based on consulting practices and methods.
* Solutions development and capability positioning in formal proposal form in response to RFI/RFP/ITTs.
* Experience of fulfilling a Technical Design Authority role on programmes and projects providing technical governance and input and guidance to aligned project teams to maintain standard of capability and delivery
* Delegation of work appropriately and effectively to technical & downstream resources and management to successful completion.
Essential Technical Knowledge and Skills
* Server and storage hardware architectures and solutions
* Data Centre technologies
* IT Infrastructure Consolidation and optimisation
* Cloud Services - IaaS, PaaS & Private/Public Cloud
* Mobile Computing
* Directory Services
* Mail, Messaging and collaboration
* Operating Systems (Server & Client)
* Desktop technologies
* Systems Management & Monitoring
Excellent written and oral communication and strong document writing skills are essential as is the ability to present solutions with confidence. The following skills and attributes are deemed desirable:
* Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise architecture
* Knowledge and understanding of formal Enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF / Zachman
* Knowledge and understanding of Applications development
* Knowledge and understanding of Digital Transformation
* Knowledge and understanding of Networking and telephony
* Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Security
* Experience of public sector bids, ideally in Northern Ireland
About Capita Managed IT Solutions
Capita Managed IT Solutions is a leading IT Services organisation delivering cloud, end-to-end IT Solutions and IT Managed Services to education, energy and utilities, health, public and private sector organisations. Hundreds of organisations across the UK and Ireland choose to use our flexible, professional and reliable managed IT solutions. Joining us, you’ll deliver true digital transformation to businesses and organisations.
Looking to go further? Let your line manager know and click apply now to a short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact for support.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: