You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Are you experienced in a quality role? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced environment? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
* The position performs analytical process steps described in the Quality Management System and provides feedback to ensure continuous process improvement. Typical steps include collecting/analysing quality data and investigating non-conformances to determine permanent resolutions.
* Executes global quality processes as defined in the QMS Coordinate and conduct internal quality inspections on suspect non-conforming material.
* Analyses part quality issues and supports RCCA activities arising from internally found defects and recommends corrective measures.
* Ability to use manual/digital gages, micrometres and other measuring devices in an inspection area effectively.
* Ability to read and interpret part prints, deviation requests, engineering changes and skilled in inspection methods.
* Responsible for inspection for the conformance of aftermarket parts to drawings including dimensional, appearance, paint, preservation and packaging.
* Identify, analyse, and resolve non-conformance issues. Investigates problems on worked purchased finished, rough, and interplant material. Coordinates long-term investigation programs as required.
* Generates periodic reports regarding the quality status of high dollar suppliers and any significant trends indicated by the data.
* Provide technical expertise in the analysis of part defects.
* The position is a specialist within the group and provides interpretation and problem solving advice to others inside and outside of the department on non-conforming material.
* Reviews and understands quality inspection reports from CMM labs.
* Understands gages needed for inspection of print features on parts and is able to verify gage certification.
* Understands and follows Standard Work and all associated documents
* Able to interpret Cat blueprints and specifications listed on prints and associated quality processes.
* Typical internal customers include employees from two or more work groups in a Division. The position's primary customers are internal.
* Experience with ISO9000 elements.
Qualifications and Experience
The position requires knowledge of various engineering, manufacturing and/or maintenance standards and practices. The ability to research, locate and understand required manufacturing practices for Quality. Strong analytical skills are necessary. Personal computer skills and familiarity with various software packages is required. In addition job-related experience is typically required. Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
* The position requires qualifications from a technical college, apprenticeship program, college diploma, or the equivalent on-the-job training.
* Knowledge of basic assembly procedures and methods.
* The ability to follow and comprehend verbal, specific and detailed procedures and work instructions as well as basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform the duties described above.
* The ability to be able to read and interpret schematic drawings and sequences of assembly prints.
* The ability to use a variety of hand, gauge equipment and power tools.
* Understanding of latest industry inspection measurement tools.
* Knowledge of machined components and their manufacturing assembly processes.
* Experience and knowledge of ISO9001:2015, Six Sigma and APQP would be advantageous.
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment and/or in the quality field.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: