You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Procurement & Compliance Officer
A key role of the Procurement & Contracts Office is to provide a Professional Consultancy / Tendering Support Service that complies with the EU and Government Regulations on Public Procurement. To assist our community to achieve this compliance we have developed a programme of training workshops.
The post will have a dual role, primarily to monitor and actively work with Budget Holders to resolve non-compliance matters, supporting the tendering/evaluation/award of contracts particularly focusing on (but not limited to) the Research community. The Post will facilitate closer working with the plethora of Auditing Agencies so that the agreed annual targets of increasing compliance can be met.
Supporting the C&AG Audit and the resultant Findings therein. Creating a procurement action plan that will result in an increase in procurement compliance. Working directly with Budget Holders to schedule and support the appropriate corrective actions as required by all Audit Findings.
The post holder with work with the Head of Procurement & Contracts to finalise the design of the Audit Tracking Tool currently under configuration to streamline Audit queries for Budget Holders and eliminate duplication of information requests by Auditing Bodies.
Procurement Contracting as required.
1. Report to Head of Procurement on the level of procurement compliance
2. Support the annual C&AG Audit from a procurement perspective
3. Schedule the corrective actions of all procurement related audit findings with Budget Holders and ensure they are completed timely.
4. Establish centralised procurement Framework Agreements for relevant categories of supplies and services (non works spends) and review appropriately for achievement of VFM through participation in cross functional teams.
5. Supporting Budget Holders with the tendering/ evaluation / award of contracts for supplies and services >€25k.
6. Assist Head of Procurement in identifying and implementing appropriate systems to support increased procurement compliance.
7. Assist with the development of and redesign of existing procurement processes and related templates.
8. Support Budget Holders with advice and guidance templates around tendering / evaluation / award of their requirements >€25k
9. Delivering the procurement training programme
10. Any other duties relevant in the Procurement & Contracts environment
The role require a high degree of interaction with the following external procurement related bodies:
· Higher Education Authority (HEA) – regarding the Institutional Corporate Procurement Plan
· Office of Government Procurement (OGP);
· Educational Procurement Service (EPS) (based in University of Limerick)
· IUA Heads of Procurement Group (UPCOG)
· C&AG (and other Audit bodies) on the annual Procurement Audit
· All Contracted Suppliers
Internal relationships will include:-
· Deans, Heads of Schools/Colleges/Research Units and relevant Support Service Units
· Internal Audit
· All Budget Holders
Reporting directly to Head of Procurement & Contracts for the period of maternity cover.
The Post Holder must demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development with regular attendance at conferences, seminars, procurement related training sessions etc.
The post holder is required to have :
· A recognised Procurement qualification or equivalent experience (minimum of 2 years) of working in a procurement function in a public sector procurement environment or equivalent environment.
· A track record of completing procurement related projects
· Good communication and influencing skills
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: