You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Health and Safety officer / Advisor Limerick & Kerry
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are hiring a Health & Safety Officer / Advisor for our client, a very well-known Large Main Contractor. The role will be based on multiple sites in Limerick & Kerry and the successful candidate will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety.
* Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
* Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
* Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
* Delivering Health & Safety induction program's for new employees or contractors working on site
* Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protective Equipment required for all Employees
* Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc
* Serving as company representative at Site meetings;
* Organizing and chairing the Safety Meetings for Sub-Contractors personnel
* Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement's and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required
* Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
* Compiling, updating and communicating site Emergency Plans
* Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated
* Making sure First aid is available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated
* Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
What you need to have
* Health and Safety Degree is essential
* With 2+ years experience
* Previous experience managing safety on site
* Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills
* Experience in the construction industry
* Experience with Irish or UK contracts
What you get in return
* Excellent working environment
* Latest available training to assist you in your role
* Competitive Salary
* Company vehicle or fuel allowance
* Work for a well structured and supported organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you would like to know more about the role, simply give David Kavanagh a call (phone number removed)) to discuss in complete confidence.Alternatively drop me an email
JOB 26599 INDHP
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
BSS Contract Solutions Ltd
The job: has been sent to: