You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Java Software Engineer with a passion for Build Engineering/DevOps you will join our highly skilled Framework team, working on our Digital Platform implementation projects. As part of a project team, working in conjunction with our internal and external customer’s you will continue to develop our Build Infrastructure spanning multiple layers and serving both local and cloud deployments, participate in development of new Framework features, influence architectural decisions, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior Java developers.
All of our Software engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, Business and technical consultants and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. Our implementation projects generally follow the principles of Agile methodologies.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
- Strong background in Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as but not limited to Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus as well as virtualization and containerization technologies (Docker)
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows)
- Exposure to deploying applications on Java EE applications servers (JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic or Tomcat)
- Experienced in JAVA development including J2EE technologies such as:
- JSP, JSF, JMS, JNDI
- Application servers: JBOSS, Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server
- Experience with software engineering practices such as Object Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
- Experience in the development of large scale HTML based java applications
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: