You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Clemence Rogers are working in partnership with our client in the recruitment of a Transport Planner for a Distribution / Haulage company based in Belfast.
Key Responsibilities & Duties of a Transport Planner:
• Day-to-day planning and running of the Fleet
• Responding to customer orders to fulfill them via the traffic function
• Prioritising workload, route planning, driver brief and de-brief
• Liaising with colleagues at other depots within the company to produce optimal delivery solutions across the network
The ideal candidate for the Transport Planner:
• This role is ideally suited to an individual who has previous experience within transport planning and is looking to take on an exciting new challenge.
• Essentially like any traffic-planning role the overall objective is to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective way.
• Experience in UK/Irish planning planning
• Sound knowledge of the commercial aspects of operating a fleet
• Disciplined and methodical approach and able to keep up with changing priorities
• Demonstrate a keen eye for detail whilst working under pressure
• The ability to learn quickly, professional confidence and clear communication skills together with a familiarity with common computer packages i.e. Microsoft Office or equivalent.
• A demonstrable understanding of transport-related issues including drivers’ hours regulations is essential.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Clemence Rogers Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: