You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Medical Social Worker
TTM Healthcare are now recruiting a Senior Medical Social Worker role with immediate start for a 6 to 12-month HSE Contract
- National Qualification in Social Work or hold a qualification which has been accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience as a Social Worker
- Experience of complex case management is essential
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Acute Hospital Experience
- Medical Social work experience is desirable
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide counselling, information and support as appropriate to hospital patients and their families within the specific area of work allocated to him/her.
- To provide guidance and support to staff within the department and in particular to the area of responsibility assigned to the post at the discretion of the Principal Social Worker.
- To actively participate in the management of the Medical Social Work Department by taking on specific responsibilities/projects as agreed with the Principal Social Worker.
- To carry a caseload of complex cases which requires specialist expert knowledge, sharing expertise with Social Work colleagues.
- To carry out psychosocial assessments where social issues are a factor in illness management and advise the inter-disciplinary team on the outcome.
- To formulate discharge care plans for patients together with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To assess a patient's support system in order to ensure that, upon discharge, patients have an appropriate level of support for their needs in their families and community.
- Salary €57,930 to €66,822
- Standard HSE benefits
- Further your experience
For more information, call Roisin today on (phone number removed) ext 111 or apply today to hear more
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
TTM Health Care
The job: has been sent to: