You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Automation Engineer reporting to Operations & Technical Manager in a Medical Device Company based in Waterford.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Process Characterisation / Optimisation (DFMEA’s, PFMEA’s DOE’s etc.).
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support production line ramp to achieve mature production targets.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with Customers, contractors as required.
- Support technical training.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication, computer and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
- Lean Six Sigma skills an advantage.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project.
- CAD experience desirable.
- Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (high volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device manufacturing experience).
- Travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer sites.
- Project management experience.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: