You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic accountant to join our busy finance team. This is a permanent role and an excellent opportunity to take on a position where you will have full responsibility for maintaining the financial function of a company within the group. This position would suit a recently qualified accountant looking to further their experience in industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Complete responsibility for maintenance of accounting records of the company. This will include preparation of bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and preparation of monthly management accounts reporting to the group financial controller.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and calculation of depreciation on the company’s assets.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts and liaising with management on same.
- Liaise with invoicing factoring finance providers and submission of management accounts to same as and when required.
- Regular reporting of KPIs to Management and identify and isolate unusual trends and or material cost increases requiring attention.
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns with the HMRC. Ensure compliance with the HMRC with regard to payroll and other taxes.
- Review and reconcile intercompany balances every month together with preparation of intercompany recharges.
- Managing the Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes for the company and working closely with the teams responsible for same.
- Work with the group financial controller to integrate the company’s IT and reporting systems with that of other companies within the group.
- Making payments and putting up payments on the online banking portal to be authorised.
- Maintenance of stock records.
- Meeting tight deadlines in a busy environment and managing the day to day enquires received in relation to the company.
- Completion of Statistic office returns.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) ideally with at least 2 years PQE with experience in industry.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail and good judgement showing logical decision making and ability to take a hands-on approach.
- Proven ability to develop and improve working procedures and processes.
- Highly organised and efficient with ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- IT literate, and proficient in Microsoft products. Knowledge of Exchequer would be an advantage but is not essential.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: