You can save this job and apply at a later date.
New role for an Operations Manager in a fast growing wholesaling company based in Waterford. Reporting to the General Manager, this newly created role is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive organisation at an exciting time in its growth in Ireland.
Overall responsibility for managing product supply for our seed divisions - including sourcing, processing and delivery to customers. The focus of the role is to deliver improved performance and value to the business through increased efficiency and enhanced customer service.
Responsibilities will include
- Management of the procurement, processing and delivery functions.
- Delivering on production targets in terms of quality, volumes, timeliness and value.
- Managing relationships with third party contractors / suppliers including farmers, contractors, processors, hauliers and storage facilities.
- Process improvement including maintenance of existing ISO systems and any other QA standards deemed appropriate to the business.
- Ensuring appropriate risk management procedures are in place in terms of maintenance, health and safety, stock management etc.
- Drive enhanced customer service
- 8+ years’ experience in an operations or supply chain management role.
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively effectively.
- Positive and problem solving mindset, always looking for innovative ways to get things done and make improvements.
- A keen interest or experience of agriculture would be an advantage.
- Ambitious and takes pride in maintaining high standards of work.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Waterford. An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: