You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking an Estimator on behalf of a leading building & Civil engineering contractor with projects including Housing, Student Accommodation, Educational and Commercial/Retail
The Estimator’s role is to join as part of a team to estimates for fit-out and commercial projects in accordance with company estimating systems and procedures in the Munster area.
* Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
* Undertake estimates in accordance with Company procedures
* Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
* Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
* Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, dealing issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
* Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
* Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
* Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
* Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
* Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction.
Hold a Degree or higher in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
Minimum 3 years’ experience (Fit-Out and/or Commercial projects)
Ability to accurately price and estimate projects
JOB reference: JOB-30648
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
BSS Contract Solutions Ltd
The job: has been sent to: