You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Administrator (Transport / Logistics)
From Henry Barrett starting the business in 1866, Barrett Steel has provided over 150 years of a hands-on customer service approach, a mindset that sets us apart from our competitors. A leading steel stock holding business, Barrett Steel has 43 companies within the group employing 1100 employees across 25+ locations in the UK with their own distribution fleet.
We strive to develop long-term partnerships. We are progressive, solution focused and work with our customers to help them realise their project’s full potential. We provide a vital link in the supply chain from producer to customer.
Position: Transport Administrator
Location: Newry, Northern Ireland (Commutable from Armagh, Portadown, Craigavon, Dundalk & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Mon to Thurs 8.30am to 5.00pm & Fri 08.30 am to 4.00pm
Benefits: Barrett Steel Pension, 21 Days holiday & discretionary bonus.
About the role:
This role is to provide full Transport administration support to the depot and manage the daily vehicle load planning.
- Booking in Stock & managing test certificates for Steel.
- Filing and general office / warehouse admin duties.
- Following all company procedures and policies.
- Supporting and communicating effectively with internal staff.
- Liaising with operations staff on daily work plan.
- Assist in route Planning, managing stock checks & scanning & filing.
- You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
- Previous experience in a warehouse, admin or transport role is advantageous.
- Willingness to learn.
- Proactive attitude and approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer & numerical skills.
- Organised & methodical in your approach.
- Experience using Microsoft packages & emails.
How it feels to work for us:
We provide a fantastic opportunity to work within a forward-thinking organisation that is respected as the UK’s leading independent steel stockholder. Our people are the driving force behind Barrett Steel and we seek individuals who are passionate, hard-working, ambitious and demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to help us build and develop the business. Barrett Steel encourages innovative thinking and has an open door for people to lead and influence change.
You may have experience of the following: Transport Administrator, Transport Admin Clerk, Administrator, Office Administrator, Warehouse Administrator, Admin Assistant, Admin Clerk, Transport Planner, Logistics Planner, Scheduler, etc.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: