You can save this job and apply at a later date.
ASIC Software Engineer
Our Client is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. They design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative ASIC Software Engineers to provide expert guidance to our Client’s Research & Development personnel, management and commercial people, in the skill area of ASIC Software.
Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation
- Develop the required detail around the software specification working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers.
- Develop the customer specific application software.
- Develop test harnesses to simulate software.
- Apply expert knowledge to resolve complex technical situations effectively and quickly.
- Assist with and take ownership of software process development.
- Provide support to other teams such as production, product support and quality
- Responsible for developing customer specific application software for that embedded microprocessor
- The candidate should be aware or have experience in all stages of the software lifecycle/processes and have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of digital and analogue electronic circuitry is desirable.
- The candidate will also need to develop test harnesses to simulate software well so design/test experience using VHDL is also desirable. Although part of the Sensor Design Group, work will extend to cover all ASIC software activities as the need arises in any other team or department.
- You will be responsible for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers.
- You must possess a degree in Software Engineering (minimum 2:1) & 2 years industrial experience in a software design role.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in developing software (embedded, system or application) and/or VHDL design/verification.
A competitive salary and benefits package. Our Client is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Jigsaw Business Group