You can save this job and apply at a later date.
F/T Personal secretary (band 3)
Northern Ireland Londonderry
Salary: Not specified
Temp: 1 Month
We are looking for a band 3 personal secretary, who is able to maintain diaries; arrange diary dates, venues, travel arrangement and hospitality. This also includes minute taking, audio typing and shorthand/note taking.
This role is suitable for an individual that is highly organised, friendly, fully flexible, and able to work under pressure and is available immediately.
Main duties & Responsibilities
* Organise the office and carry out routine secretarial duties which include the development and maintenance of an efficient filing system, brought forward system, mail distribution, photo copying, binding and ensure relevant files are available for meetings.
* Open and record incoming mail and direct correspondence for the Team or otherwise deal with routine items. This will include the writing and drafting of routine letters for signature.
* Facilitate communication within the department by liaising with relevant staff.
* Dealing with telephone calls and enquiries and taking relevant action as appropriate.
* Type letters, memorandums and minutes. A high level of word processing skills will be required and the post holder will also be required to develop skills on Microsoft Office software and other computer packages as and when required.
* Assist in the production of Power Point presentations required by department.
* Provide administrative support in the production of policies and reports produced within the department.
* Supervision of clerical staff if post requires so.
* Management of stationary stock levels throughout the department using stock catalogue and non-stock requisitions so levels of stock are adequately maintained.
You will need:
5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) to include English Language and Maths or equivalent of higher educational standard and one year’s secretarial* experience;
NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or higher educational standard and one year’s secretarial* experience;
3 years secretarial* experience;
*Secretarial experience is defined as experience in an office based environment to include diary management, dealing with enquiries, word processing, co-ordinating meetings and taking notes at meetings.
In addition to one of the above, 6 months experience using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word is also essential.
If this is suitable for you, then apply now. Deadline Tuesday 16th 2pm
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.