You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Group Health & Safety Director
Group Health & Safety Director
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a group health and safety director for a role in Dublin.
The main focus of this position will be to shape, agree and implement strategic direction for the HSEQT culture in the business as it continues to grow both in the UK and Ireland as well as on the global stage.
This is a position of significant importance and leadership within the organisation which will provide assurance to the Board and their clients that HSEQT risk is effectively managed through delivery of operational excellence with regard to safety, reliability, consistency and with the minimum impact on the environment.
The role offers a highly attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
- Develops, implements and manages HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) needs of a client account(s). Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes.
- Directs and coordinates activities of personnel staff engaged in HSE (Environmental Health and Safety) programs.
- Oversees HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) plans, playbooks and procedures for an account, market area, or geographical region of responsibility. Ensures HSE plans and playbooks are current, complete and effectively implemented.
- Monitors health and safety and environmental regulatory compliance within the account, market area, or geographical/contractual area of responsibility. Timely communicates all findings, concerns and deficiencies to the responsible management team and ensures that issues, concerns and deficiencies are corrected. Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized. Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of EH&S programs.
- Manages and oversees the interactions with government agencies, professional HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) groups, community advisory panels, corporate HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) officers, and all internal safety activities
- Acts as an HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management for the account, market area, or geographical region in matters pertaining to HSE, compliance, trends, performance and concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of 5 years of related experience (with an HSE degree / certification), or a minimum of 10 years of related experience (in the absence of any of the above degrees / certification).
- Direct work experience interacting with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is required.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is required.
- Experience working in any one or multiples of the following is essential: Chemical processing and refining environments, manufacturing, food processing, pharmaceutical / biotechnology, construction, heavy industry, and facility maintenance and management.
Certificates and or Licences:
- As required by local authority (if required): Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
Please contact Ian Murphy for more information.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
AA Euro Executive Recruitment