You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our client a multinational manufacturer of windows and doors whom have recently entered the Irish market are looking for an experienced cad technician to join their design team in Dublin.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Sales Manager you will assist in the growth & development of commercial products. The role of a CAD Technician uses CAD software to create technical drawings and plans for products and parts used in the company products. Support the design requirements of our sales team. To produce drawings based on Architectural / Engineers specification and be capable of translating sketches and instructions into design, production, and installation drawings in a timely manner. A good knowledge of the current Building Regulations is essential.
- Work as a multi-tasker alongside other design team members.
- Prepare Drawings using CAD, Revit and BIM Technology as instructed by the Team Leader.
- Assist with the Pricing of Projects having been trained in our bespoke pricing software.
- Assist with the training of other staff members in CAD, Revit and BIM Technology
- Dealing with and responding to emails.
- Fully Trained in Pi is essential
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings
- Work with our sales team in the generation of designs of new products
- Ensure that drawings and designs meet client standards
- Liaise with the sales team and technology providers in the development of design drawings
- Ability to work on own initiative and provide innovative solutions to design issues
- Liaise with architects, engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing and construction technicians
- Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
- Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols
- Calculate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product
- Conduct site visits and surveys when required
- Present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture/construction and installation
- Produce installation and manufacturing documentation
- Maintain accurate records.
For more information feel free to call Chris on (phone number removed)/(phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.