You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are currently recruiting a cemeteries administrator to work within a local council in Belfast. The main purpose of this role will be to provide clerical and administrative support to ensure the service meets it objectives in a cost efficient and effective manner. To respond to enquiries and complaints from the public and representatives from the bereavement industry; providing practical advice and front lone customer support as required, in sympathetic and dignified manner.
Your role will be to
• Assist in the end – to – end administration of the council’s cemeteries and crematorium.
• To respond to enquiries and complaints from the public and representatives from the bereavement industry, providing front line customer support as appropriate.
• To assist the public in the selection and identification of graves.
• To deal with funeral directors in relation to all aspects or cemetery administration.
• To direct funeral corteges and visitors to graves.
• To accept payments for bereavement services.
• To ensure accurate and up – to – date information is maintained.
• To assist in the administration of other cemetery sites as required.
• To keep all records at each cemetery as appropriate and prepare funeral cards.
When applying for this role it is essential you have 1 years’ experience of
i) Working in an environment which deals with bereavement issues including providing advice and support to customers in a sympathetic and sensitive manner;
ii) Undertaking administrative and cash handling duties within a business environment; and
iii) Using information technology software such as Microsoft Office, or equivalent packages.
You must be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, evidence of the following special skills and attributes.
Communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to provide information, advice and guidance to the public and other members of staff and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Customer care skills – the ability to demonstrate a sound awareness of customer care procedures and deal with members of the public in a tactful and sensitive manner.
Health and Safety awareness – an understanding of basic health and safety responsibilities.
Information technology skills – the ability to use a range of standard office packages and finance packages.
Organisational and work planning skills – the ability to effectively plan and prioritise tasks to achieve team objectives.
Team working skills – the ability to work on initiative and as effective team member encouraging day – to – day working by the team and the joint achievement of goals.
Working hours are full- time. 37 hours a week. 9am - 5pm. Mon - Fri.
The post holder may be required to transfer to other locations in accordance with any requirements If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.timothy- or feel free to call Keira on (phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Service Care Solutions