You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mencap are recruiting for a Bid Lead to join our established Business Development team.
The role is office based, in either Rotherham or Belfast, Northern Ireland, and this is a full time (37.5 hour per week) permanent vacancy.
You will be working as part of a national team, and liaising with multiple departments to gather sufficient information and data to produce high quality bids that support national and regional growth targets alongside business retention.
As Bid Lead, you will be responsible for supporting growth, through developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and customers of the bid writing function. You will understand the context of your customers’ needs and respond accordingly, being proactive and assertive to gain all information required to get the bids submitted on time.
The role will primarily focus on business within the North and Northern Ireland regions, however there will be a requirement to collaborate with the Bid Leads in other regions to proactively ensure that work is shared across all regions in the event of periods of low or high activity.
You will need to someone who has excellent project management skills, that can communicate on all levels, both written and verbally. It is essential you can work under pressure, challenge decisions with reasoning and meet deadlines and you will need to be able to multitask, adapting with changes in the workflow as and when required.
This particular role has several responsibilities that fall within the following four areas:
- Enabling business retention and growth
- Quality control
- Best practice development
- Stakeholder management
Key Skills, but not limited to:
- Demonstrable IT Skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent proof reading skills
- Ability to implement effective tendering processes and systems
- Being positive and proactive
- Experienced in producing reports
(A more extensive list of responsibilities and key skills can be found in the Job Description and Personal Specification)
This role will close for shortlisting on Sunday 21st July.
Interviews will take place on Monday 29th July (Rotherham) & Wednesday 31st July (Belfast, NI)
Does this sound like the perfect role for you?
Please click the “Apply” button to submit your application today. It is vital that you provide us with a fully up to date CV along with a covering letter to be considered for this role.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lianne on (phone number removed) to learn more about this opportunity.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
bidWe work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that.You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes:
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
If you would like to hear more about this role, please call Lianne on (phone number removed).
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.