You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Field Manager - Peak Support
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our positions, especially in our Field Manager roles where you will engage with our couriers to ensure the delivery of parcels to our customers.
We are currently looking to recruit a Field Manager to support our peak period over Christmas, starting 1st October through to the end of December 2019.
What does the field manager do?
- First and foremost our field manager makes sure that the courier teams deliver our customers parcels
- They are the point of contact for the couriers when they have issues, cannot attend work or need guidance
- Ensuring that all work that has been allocated has been picked up by a courier. Where this is not the case working on finding solutions to ensure that our customers’ delivery is achieved
- Review tracking data to ensure that couriers are on track and where relevant step in to check if there are issues and offer solutions
- You will also be responsible for courier recruitment, “on-boarding” and coaching
All in all, it’s a busy job!
What will you bring to the field manager role?
- The ability to deal with people and conflict
- A “can do” attitude
- The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
- A good geographical knowledge of the area
- An approachable manner with a strong desire to get the job done
- An understanding that a role of this type is not your average 9-5 and will involve working on a weekend
What support will the field manager receive?
- You will work alongside compliance managers to ensure that key parcel delivery targets are met
- Sub depot and main depot teams will be on hand to offer assistance as required
- Hermes is committed to developing its people and you will have the backing of your management team and the wider business to really achieve in your role and career with the business
What will make you our ideal candidate?
- As an agile member of our team you will work out of a number of locations within your geographical area. This flexibility is key and the successful candidate must appreciate this
- As part of your role you will review and own the service performance of self-employed couriers and be responsible for delivery coverage within designated areas. Your ability to demonstrate experience in assessing results and implementing change will make you stand out to us
- Our job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn’t an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business. Your experience in leading teams and ensuring end results will be vital
- Availability to work across the Christmas period
We understand that our Field Manager position is a demanding yet rewarding role, it’s a lot of responsibility and we are looking for colleagues to join us who have the experience and desire to drive a great customer experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
We can offer you a competitive salary, company car and 26 days (pro-rata) annual leave. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we’re sure we’ve got something for you.
This is a great time to be joining us, we’ve grown year on year and we have plans in place for future growth which give you the opportunity to grow with us.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.