Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Dublin (travel across Leinster and Munster)
€55,000 – 65,000 plus company car and benefits
Boden Resource are working with a leading Facilities Service Provider who are looking to add an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to their team. You will be responsible for implementing and embedding Health & Safety policies and procedures across a portfolio of client sites in the educational sector, including a prestigious new site that is currently in the final stage of construction.
Based primarily in Central Dublin, this role will also support a number of sites across Leinster and Munster. Candidates will need Health & Safety experience within the construction and facilities management sectors, and to be familiar with current Irish Health & Safety Legislation.
- Acting as part of the senior site management team, providing support to all site management and operational staff, identifying and resolving and issues on the site.
- Implementing and embedding Health & Safety policies and systems (OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001; ISO 14001), and ensuring that sites comply with existing policies, best practice and legislative requirements.
- Ensuring codes of H&S practice are adhered to during final construction phases by conducting site safety walks.
- Acting as subject matter expert for any H&S issues during the mobilisation, stabilisation and day-to-day delivery of service lines including technical services, front of house, cleaning and catering.
- Carrying out risk assessments, audits and accident investigation, reporting on any accidents and near misses and escalating as required.
- Undertaking risk assessments of electrical installations, mechanical/HVAC and plant equipment, developing safe systems of work for staff carrying out maintenance in these areas.
- Carrying out regular risk assessments and audits across the sites, to ensure all sites adhere to contractual and legislative compliance. Identifying areas for improvement and suggesting courses of action.
- Develop and deliver training to on-site employees, making sure they are carrying out their roles safely and effectively.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Proven experience in a similar managerial Health and Safety role, ideally in facilities or construction.
- Experience implementing safety and quality systems (OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001; ISO 14001)
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 5 or equivalent).
- Passionate about delivering Health & Safety and implementing safety culture across a portfolio of sites, aiming for zero accidents and harm and making continuous improvements.
- Familiar with implementing Health & Safety processes across new service lines, and working with PSCS/PSDP processes.
- Strong knowledge of current Irish Health & Safety legislation.
- Highly detail oriented, organised, and able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
If you're interested in this role, please apply via this advert with your up-to-date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please get in touch with Marlie at Boden Resource for a confidential discussion about your next move.
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID