Cork, County Cork
€16000 - €18000/annum PMI and performance bonus
VWR has long been the leading global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers, enabling science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries.
In 2017, VWR was acquired by Avantor, a global supplier of ultra-high-purity materials and customized solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. VWR’s expansive channel access and deep customer relationships strengthens Avantor’s abilities, adding a vital new dimension to the full scope of solutions we can provide—from discovery to delivery.
Our On Site Services have a vacancy for Senior Materials Controller to join us at our Client’s Site in Cork on a part time basis (22.5 hours / week)
In this role, you will be carrying out several tasks at the Pharmaceutical customer site within the Cork region, all of which can include inventory management & metric review, purchasing, receiving, chemical tracking, storeroom management, product delivery, quality management, laboratory support activities and general customer services tasks.
The role requires knowledge and application of SAP, Inventory Manager, Excel and Power Point & additional in-house software systems, as required.
- Provide contingency cover for the provision of customer focused KPI/Metric reporting
- Host & lead customer Operational Metric Reviews (OMR’s) as required
- Lead team Huddle boards in the absence of the Site Services Manager
- Attend operational meetings to review site performance with Site Services Manager
- Provide first line cover for Quality Checks of VMI material used within the customers manufacturing facility
- Perform Material Controller duties site wide, as required
- Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment; enters order into VSR+
- Performs all customer site specific tasks as per relevant SOW and SOP’s
- Receives inbound deliveries
- PI Cycle counts & investigates PI count discrepancies
- Performs POU activity/Kanban cycle review
- Responsible for BOM review with the customer
- Reviews consumption and flag reports
- Investigates and actions delivery discrepancies accordingly
- Performs additional inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving, provision stock and adhoc reporting as required.
- Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping customer material (including hazardous materials) answering customer calls, handling routine issues, entering relevant shipping information onto the customer computer system and maintaining inspections on safety stations and equipment as required.
- Responsible for recycling all packaging as per site and/or VWR policy as required.
- Interfaces directly with customer site lead, responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned and 3rd party inventory onsite.
- Leaving certificate
- 2-4 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Cross referencing and inside sales experience an advantage
- Valid driver’s license
- Shipping (IATA, ADR) knowledge and training an advantage