You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The administrator will be covering 4 services in the South and east area, and will be required to travel to these sites at regular times
The post will be for 9 months. As you will be covering services across the South and East regions it is important that you either have excellent access to public transport or are a driver for this role.
Mencap provides an extensive range of high quality services and support to people with learning disabilities and their families across Northern Ireland. Mencap works closely with individuals to help them live the way they choose, achieve their learning and employment goals and make equal rights and opportunities a reality.
You will be responsible for providing high quality, effective and efficient administrative support. You will also contribute to the smooth coordination of activities within our Personal Support & Housing team. As the first point of contact for all staff and customers both internally and externally, you will deal with general enquiries of housing and support work, facilitate operations and build good relations with clients. You will create and maintain reports, update records, producing financial and statistical documents using Mencap database applications.
You will also support staff and managers on decision making, committee minute taking,handling correspondence, organising event venues, staff meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements, maintaining an efficient electronic filing system as well as processing invoices and expenses.
Experience of working in a related environment, using MS Office, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail and working to deadlines are essential for the role. Youwill also have an excellent telephone manner and be able to prioritise your own workloads along with experience of composing letters and documents. You must bewilling and able to travel to other locations when required.
We provide excellent career development opportunities, attractive pension scheme,competitive holiday allowance, business mileage, childcare vouchers and much more!
If you feel you have the necessary qualities we require, we would love to hear from you.
"Learning Disability doesn't discriminate. Neither do we."
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people`s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don`t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.