You can save this job and apply at a later date.
At Top Recruitment we are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading main contractor who turns over 40 million a year. We are looking for an experienced Safety Officer with a minimum of 6 year’s experience in the construction industry.
In this role you will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & Safety are adopted throughout.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop, monitor, implement and audit Health and Safety procedures/policies for the business.
· Conducting regular, formal site audits an carrying out inspections
· Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures, and the Organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
· Carry out risk assessments and ensure risks are reduced
· Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority.
· Keep up to date on new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation and any developments effecting the Industry
· Provide Training; Induction, Refresher and Manual Handling Training as required
· Co-Ordinate the Health and Safety committee for all sites and ensure regular monthly meetings
· Deal with any ad-hoc duties that may arise
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.