You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Material Planning Analyst
A Material Planning Analyst is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in material planning and analysis? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced manufacturing team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborating with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
- Collaborating with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Planning for alternate manufacturing methods, and requiring the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functions both in- and outside of the company
- Analysing established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders
- Working closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control
- Analysing engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items
- Managing/performing supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Working with facility supply chain performance resources to implement supplier improvements based on supplier performance metrics
- Performing work to improve point of use material availability, providing leadership and guidance to teams applying root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve material availability and point of use availability
- Providing Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning, and actively supports facility Sales and Operations Planning
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP, Lognet and MTS systems
- Experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- General product knowledge
- College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
- Significant knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.