You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Payroll Officer role in growing multinational pharmaceutical company based in Waterford City. The overall Purpose of this role is The Payroll Officer (‘PO’) position is a key position within the company, being responsible for the processing and reporting of monthly payroll and maintaining compliance with Time Management System and Revenue. The role reports to the Financial Controller and works across all business units.
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll via Sage Micropay on IBB
- Responsible for ensuring that monthly and annual local tax payments and compliance requirements are met
- Co-ordinate payments to benefits providers such as health insurers and administrators of such schemes such as pension, medical insurance
- Processing new starters/leavers on payroll on a timely basis on receipt of relevant information from HR
- Processing of monthly payroll journal on SAP
- Emailing of payslips to employees
- Print all reports and file (Payslips, Gross to Net, Control Summary & Cost Report)
- Updating reporting metrics on monthly payroll via payroll dashboard for review by Senior Leadership Team
- Updating excel register of employee details ‘Salary Details’
- Maintaining and reporting on Time Management System (TMS) – Overtime reports, leave reports (sick, unpaid, paternity, maternity). Monitoring compliance with flexible working time arrangement. Making system changes as requested in a compliant manner. Liaising with IT on system set up as required.
- Handling employee payroll queries
- Management of Timesheet consolidation and review
In conjunction with other members of the Finance team process and file the below returns for Revenue:
- VAT & Intrastat returns via ROS- Run VAT report quarterly on SAP and make VAT3, Vies & Intrastat returns on ROS
- Being in compliance with the PAYE Modernisation roll out in 2019
- ROS- Prepare PAYE/PRSI returns
- Imports/Exports Clarification to Revenue
- Reconcile Imports/Exports list received from Revenue to ensure accuracy in description, commodity code and duty rate
Gather information for auditors for the Financial Controller in preparation for the year-end financial and pension audit
- Prepare information for IDA grant for review with the Financial Controller
- Accounts Payable – processing of invoices and assisting with payment runs
- Completing assigned projects and any other reasonable duties/tasks as required.
- Continuously develop and improve the role.
Key skills and qualifications include:
An IPASS or an equivalent payroll or accounting qualification
Minimum of 2 years' experience in a fast-paced payroll environment
Excellent IT, administration and analytical as well as a high level of attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Strong communication skills and confidentiality essential
Experience of Computerised Payroll System-SAP an advantage
Understanding of Irish employment law and payroll related tax matters
Ability to work and lead when required cross-functionally
Collaborative skills in resolving customer, partner, vendor and internal challenges/issues
Diplomacy, Patience and Customer Service focus
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.