You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Processing Gateway and other server-side products. As a Software Engineer you will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform and are responsible for utilizing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems.
- Design and develop server-side products in an Enterprise environment using C#, database technologies and web technologies
- Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment
- Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity,encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
- Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
- Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot and fix defects
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data centre
- Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, and status reports.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience in C#, Java or any other OO programming language
- Experience in server product development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Understanding of database design and programming
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.