You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Engineer (Cork)
We have a new requirement for a Senior Site Engineer to work with a leading building contractor on a new build project in Co Cork.
The successful person will be joining an experienced site team who have all been working for a minimum of 5 years with this contractor and have successfully completed a number of projects as a team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and take responsibility to ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure the foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure, etc.
- Management of subcontractors and the general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives and Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
- A third level degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a site engineer,
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
- Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge.
This is a permanent role offering a very attractive salary and benefits package, which will include a car, van or travel allowance and opportunities for career development.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.