You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Manufacturing Process Specialist
Orion Group are looking for a Manufacturing Process Specialist for our multinational pharmaceutical client based in the Cork area on an initial 24-month contract with the potential to extend.
Job role: Manufacturing Process Specialist/Business Excellence Specialist
As a key member of the Engineering Department, you will work closely with operations and quality personnel to gain a full understanding of the portfolio of client products and manufacturing equipment and to optimize both to ensure reliable supply from the site.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in cross functional teams
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives across the plant in areas of Quality, Safety, Cost and People
- Development of solutions to particular production related problems from general operations to control systems, engineering restrictions, environmental issues, incorrect design and development of particular requirements
- Lead/Support trouble-shooting activities and provide sustainable solutions for root cause processing problems
- Effectively use the site business processes to support production e.g. change control, deviations, 6 sigma method investigations, etc.
- Support New Process Introduction to existing facilities
- Actively look for new technologies to improve processes in line with business requirements
- Designs experiments and capability studies for existing process trains with the aim of improving efficiencies
- Provide technical support for Capital engineering projects
- Lead/participate in rigorous technical risk assessments for plant changes/product introduction
- Provides support to the incident investigation for the EHS function
- Executes process development/transfer activities utilizing DOE and other statistical processing engineering methodologies including resulting in sound scientific reports
- Provide training to the Operations team personnel as necessary
- With the site engineering function generates capital equipment appropriations required for new process equipment implementation
- Ensure all engineering changes made have safety and quality considerations as core attributes
- Ensures comprehensive follow up and corrective/ preventive actions are in place for Quality and Safety deviations
- Participation in internal and regulatory audits
- Initiates and documents change controls as appropriate
- Participation in company based and international cross functional teams
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Third level engineering qualification
- 3-5 years' experience in the Chemical/Pharmaceutical/Biochemical sector
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.