You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Vacancy: Sales Representative
Location: Ireland West
Salary: €33k up + vehicle + commission
Due to continued expansion 3D Personnel’s client is now wishing to recruit a Sales Representative to cover the west coast of Ireland (Sligo to Cork area). The successful candidate will be working with current representative to grow and develop the sales of full range of timber and building supplies to new and existing customers.
The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of building, timber and hardware products along with experience of dealing with customers to achieve sales. You should also have experience of working in a sales and customer focused environment along with achieving margin targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieving sales at the best possible margin to increase volume across all product ranges.
- Service existing customer base and establish new customers selling across our product range i.e. regular sales calls, seek new enquiries, raise quotations, follow-up leads, take orders, promote new products, increase business where possible and ensure payments are made within agreed terms.
- Regularly seek out new business and progress same to become regular accounts.
- Ensure accuracy in all calculations related to customer enquiries in terms of quantities and price.
- Ensure all queries are properly recorded and dealt with to the customers’ and Company’s satisfaction.
- Ensure sales are taken at the best possible margin for the Company.
- Submit daily reports to the Sales Director on each day’s activity and report on current market conditions and developments regularly.
- Report at Sales Meetings
- Entertain customers as necessary to build relationships and increase sales, even after normal office hours, as approved by the Sales Director
- Accurately use sales reports and other computer-generated reports to identify opportunities/concerns.
- Co-operate with internal personnel in pursuit of business opportunities.
- Keep all company information confidential particularly in relation to price and margin
- Be willing to deal with customers as the need arises
- Attend training courses and meetings as arranged by the Company.
- Keep an up to date knowledge of current company stock profile and pricing policies.
- Carry out any other duties as requested from time to time by the Management in relation to cover for holidays/absenteeism
- Professional appearance and Confident communicator
- GCSE/Junior Cert (or equivalent) grade C/merit in Maths and English
- Able to demonstrate good working knowledge of general building, hardware and timber products and their application
- Experience of dealing with customers within the construction sector, Experience of achieving sales and margin targets and Experience of working in a sales and customer focused environment
- Develop a positive ongoing working relationship with new and existing customers to achieve sales targets
- Able to identify additional sales opportunities
- Evidence of well developed people skills
- Able to work in a fast paced customer focused environment
- Able to deal with customers issues/problems in a polite and courteous manner
- The ability to manage your time to make customer calls to achieve targets
- IT literate, Driving licence
- Experience of the current computerised quotation/order taking system.
- Ability to work on own initiative and Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within your area of responsibility
- Openness to change and ability to respond to this to improve sales and margin performance
- Able to take on other responsibilities and learn quickly from others
- Willingness to assist others within the Branches
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
3D Personnel LTD