You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Vacancy: Site Foreman
3D Personnel are currently seeking an experienced Site Foreman to join a multi-disciplined engineering and construction firm for a new project in Cork.
The successful candidate will be required to have extensive civil experience but will be also responsible for the building element of the project.
Our client are a well renowned main contractor with a reputation for devising innovative solutions to complex projects and consistency in delivering them on time and within budget.
Reporting to Project Manager, Site Foreman will:
- Liaise with the Project/Construction Manager, Sub Agent, Engineers, for the plant and material requirements for the week/day. Allocate work, ensuring the right type of labour is available for tasks in hand. Complete labour allocation sheets and provide information for Site Diary. (Daily allocations, Works records, Confirmation of Verbal Instructions etc.)
- Ensure plant and equipment are operable and report any breakdowns for prompt action to avoid delays. Arrange for plant off-hire when not needed.
- Regularly inspect all sections of work for safety and economic working. Supervise Trades Foremen/Chargehand and provide instructions (hands-on training) to staff under him/her. He/she will report any non-conforming work to the Technical Staff for prompt resolution. In conjunction with the Site Agent, he/she will ensure COSHH data sheets, for products to be used on site are available and arrange implementation accordingly. He/she will act on the surveillance report received from the Safety Consultants, where corrective action is required.
- Ensure materials are delivered to the right location, on time, and inspect/arrange inspection of materials for compliance to specification, drawings or instructions prior to incorporation into the works. He/she may seek assistance from the technical staff for this purpose.
- The Site Foreman will be aware of contract programme, work procedures and method statements to ensure compliance.
- Will provide input for ‘fine tuning' of procedures, instructions, method statements etc. to reflect current practices and safe working methods. Supervise and co-ordinate Sub-Contractors work on site (when work is Sub-Contracted) to suit the current programme, and for workmanship & safety.
- At weekly or other regular site meetings, provide input for planning purposes.
- Ensure that in-process checks such as measurements, tests, inspections, etc, are carried out by the relevant personnel for certification/traceability purposes, by giving adequate notice.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with a proven civils contractor
- A Degree in construction management / civil engineering or a trade background is necessary
- A valid safe pass
- Constant focus and drive to achieve production outputs in order to meet targets
- Self-motivation and proficiency with regard to keeping clear and concise records
- Above standard knowledge of current Health and Safety requirements and an ability to manage and implement standards on site
- Good communication and motivation for the direct workforce
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a methodical nature are key
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
3D Personnel LTD