Commercial Billing Specialist
€26000 - €29700/annum
Salary: €28,000 - €32,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Permanent | Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available | 37.5 hours per week
SSE Airtricity has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Billing Specialist working in our growing Business Energy team. The successful Billing Specialist will work as part of a progressive, energetic and dynamic Billing Team, based at our head office in Leopardstown. The candidate must be flexible, motivated and a target driven individual with a positive can-do attitude.
- Work through and complete assigned daily, weekly and month work queues
- Invoice validation through analysis and the actioning of relevant market messages and exceptions in our billing systems
- Work closely with our Corporate Accounts team, billing Major Business accounts accurately and on time
- Preparing detailed spreadsheets for our Corporate Accounts team as and when required
- Setting up and maintaining Interval and Max Demand accounts
- Dealing with Time Switches, Multiplier Issues, Meter Mix ups
- Review stop billing queue, analyse and action all reads that prevent the automatic validation of invoice rules
- Reviewing and action unbilled customer reports, ensuring that all customers are billed within the set timeframe
- Updating new tariffs, price changes, customer discounts and tenders using a multi-currency system, where applicable
- Resolve billing queries and market message exceptions correctly and efficiently through billing process tracking jobs
- Ensuring a standard high calibre of work is output on a consistent basis
- Attend weekly team meetings to contribute positively and share knowledge with the billing team
- Working closely within our internal teams, assisting on complex billing queries
- Work on ad hoc projects, representing billing as subject matter expert as an end user tester in supply projects where applicable.
- Ad hoc tasks
Your Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for the issuing of bills accurately and on time to our SME and Major Business customers.
You will also possess:
- a 'Can-Do, pragmatic attitude
- the ability to work to strict deadlines with a strong customer-oriented service ethic
- an open and flexible work-style and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- strong analytical and numerical skills and the ability to make decisions based on facts
- an acute attention to detail which will be critical in ensuring bill accuracy
- the ability to work independently and to be self-motivated
- experience with the various Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- the ability to respond to challenges in a positive, innovative and persistent manner
Additional Preferred Experience & Skills include:
- Business or related degree an advantage
- Knowledge of the Gas and Electricity market in both ROI and NI
SSE is Irelands second largest energy utility and the leading developer and investor in cleaner energy infrastructure. SSE owns and operates over 2,000MW of generation capacity on the island of Ireland, of which 718MW is from renewable sources. Sitting within our Wholesale business, SSE Airtricity supplies greener electricity, natural gas and essential services to over 770,000 homes and businesses. Since 2008, SSE has directly invested over €2bn in growing its Ireland energy business including investment in large-scale, cleaner energy infrastructure. As a result of that investment SSE has contributed over €5bn to Irish Gross Domestic Product (GDP) since 2010, demonstrating the scale of economic activity that SSEs operations support across Ireland.
SSE Ireland has been certified by Business in the Community Ireland to the Business Working Responsibly Mark, the gold standard for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability in Ireland. The Mark is presented to companies that represent best-in-class leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in CSR and Sustainability including employee engagement, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community.
We employ 1,000 individuals doing everything from helping customers with their bills to the creation of clean, green renewable energy. Our people are important to us and we go to great lengths to extend the values of our award winning customer service to our employees to ensure that as part of our diverse workforce, you have the flexibility and opportunity to develop to your fullest potential.
In addition to a competitive salary, youll automatically be enrolled in into our Group Pension Plan and have the opportunity to join our Share plans. Youll enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement, with the option to buy up to 10 extra days and will also be eligible for a host of other lifestyle benefits. Each employee is also entitled to one day paid volunteering, allowing you to dedicate your time, skills and expertise to your local community or a charitable cause as part of our "Be the Difference" scheme.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesnt take long.
Closing date for applications is: 26 August 2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
This vacancy is open to internal candidates. Please notify your line manager before you submit your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.