You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Junior Quantity Surveyor - Cork
DesignBuild Search are now hiring a Junior Quantity Surveyor for a leading regional contractor based in West Cork.
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- 1-2 years’ experience is ideal but recent graduates will also be considered
- Good attitude and a desire to learn
- Work closely and assist the QS/Estimating teams
- Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Consult with other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, manging issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
Give Ian Doyle a call if you would like to hear more about this and other roles available with DesignBuild Search.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Design Build Search