You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Orion Group are looking for a Laboratory Manager for our multinational medical devices client based in the Dublin area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
As part of their investment in world-class 3D printing capabilities, the client is developing a deeper expertise in tissue regeneration and bioprinting technologies to create new ways of diagnosing, planning and treating patients. The commitment to bioFprinting research is aligned with the client's heritage of identifying and applying new technologies to improve patients' lives. Research efforts are focused on tissue regenerative technologies and bioprinting applications where the company can bring value to the patient in the near term, while working on more complex tissues and structures for future innovations.
The physical operation of the collaborative facility is a critical aspect of the clients' 3D bioprinting operation because of the Environmental Health and Safety, Intellectual Property and security risks involved in such an operation. Given the importance of the physical structure and the management of compliance to EH&S regulations and IP requirements, this role will deeply collaborate with internal and partner Legal, EH&S, Facilities & Operations, Security, Risk Management and the leadership team to continuously assess the operating model. This role is expected to develop, recommend, and implement operational model improvements that are correlated with facilities and operations.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Providing leadership, setting expectations, and managing the relationships that assist with daily operations including administration of agreements and amendments
- Supervising activities in the Bio-printing laboratory including managing and implementing systems for security, compliance, facilities, EH&S, and maintenance of confidentiality
- Management of client equipment, including scheduling, prioritization, access, use, maintenance and procurement including:
-Managing and escalating requests for facility and equipment updates including the management of maintenance and repairs in accordance with JJSI and partner policies
-Managing and escalating requests for laboratory access and new project introduction into the laboratory
- Perform budgetary planning, management, and reporting on the budget status
- Management of purchasing and raising PO's for commercially available materials and consumables including ensuring requisitions are verified and validated in advance of raising a PO against and on purchasing systems
- Ensuring user training and compliance in alignment with EH&S policies
- Maintaining records and generating periodic reports related to operational status of the laboratory including:
* Equipment usage
* Number and status of active target projects
* Number and age of pending requests
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- BS/BA Science, Engineering or related degree, with 8-10 years of combined experience in 2 or more areas in lab operations/management, scientific research, customer relations, facilities management or environmental health and safety program management. An advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing a life science or similar scientific research laboratory is required
- Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
- Additional PMI certification is a plus
- Broad understanding of facilities management and EH&S compliance requirements is required. Industry experience in an analytical cGMP/cGLP/cGTP environment is preferred
- Broad understanding of life sciences research equipment is required
- Demonstrated experience in managing supplier relationships is required
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines and Policies is required
- Broad understanding of scientific research equipment is required. Strong knowledge with instrument qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ) and other compliance activities preferred
- Expertise in contract management and customer relationship management is preferred
- Experience with customer service management in a lab setting is preferred
- Experience leading direct reports with strong people management skills and collaborating with senior leadership is required
- Demonstrated experience with making sound scientific and business-related decisions is required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.