You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are working with a Leading Charitable organisation to recruit a Payroll Manager for their head office on the outskirts of Belfast City Centre. The Payroll Manager will join a busy Payroll Department servicing 500+ employees within a rapidly growing organisation and will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and ensuring that the end to end monthly payroll process is completed for all employees.
The successful candidate will also avail of career progression opportunities and continued training and development to enhance your skills.
- To be the payroll lead on the implementation of a new integrated HR/Payroll system and to act as the Payroll administrator post implementation.
- To oversee the payroll function including management of 3 Payroll Associates & 2 Payroll Administrators, including monthly payroll in 3 Jurisdictions (UK, Republic of Ireland, and Isle of Man), year-end payroll associated processes and administration of Organisation compensation and benefit schemes.
- To review and evaluate the current ways of working within the team to create efficiencies and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- To ensure that audits are carried out on monthly temporary data entered into the payroll system to ensure accuracy and completeness and to build upon existing checks and balances to ensure the most robust procedures are in place in relation to payments made.
- To be a point of contact for payroll colleagues to escalate the most complex queries.
- To ensure that all third party payments are recorded and paid on a monthly basis including pensions, attachments, revenue, etc.
- To work in conjunction with Management Accountants to ensure that all monthly payroll reports are compiled and reconciled in a timely manner to ensure that operational accounts can be posted on time.
- To ensure payroll systems are kept up to date both in terms of operating software and data integrity and to escalate any issues that need resolved in relation to software to third party providers for resolution.
- To provide payroll related information and analysis to HR, Operational & Finance colleagues for the purposes of salary reviews, TUPE transfers, Employer Lability Claims, Insurance, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong organisational skills, highly numerical and analytical and can work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Five GCSE passes (or equivalent) to include English & Maths
- At least 3 years’ experience running a busy Payroll Dept across the areas of compensation and benefits using computerised payroll systems
- A relevant payroll qualification would be desirable.
Renumeration / Benefits
The role is also offering an excellent salary and benefits package including career progression opportunities, training and development to enhance your skills and a range of generous benefits including a contributory Group Personal Pension Scheme with life assurance, flexi time, enhanced occupational sick pay, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, service based annual leave entitlement, free eye tests, long service awards, kitchen facilities, and free car parking
For more information on this role click on “apply now” and send your CV. If you are not interested in this role but are looking for a role within Accountancy & Finance please contact Darrach Teague on (phone number removed) for a confidential discussion.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.