We are looking for an experienced Service Engineer, specifically in the Dublin area to join our team at Ancove. We are especially looking for someone with maintenance experience for balers, compactors and recycling equipment or with forklift engineering experience.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To attend customer sites and to carry out engineering tasks to equipment as directed. Ensuring any work is carried out in a safe manner with due regard to the customer’s and PHS’s procedures.
- To liaise with the call controllers and/or Line Manager/senior engineer to provide the best service to the customers.
- The engineer is expected to help plan their daily work to maximize customer service, achieve the highest standards and productivity using electronic and verbal communications as appropriate.
- The engineer should always try and take ownership of engineering issues so that the customer is provided with good service.
- Engineers are expected to achieve targets set by their Line Manager and be aware of all customer service level agreements and aim to adhere to them always.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion always.
- Carry out any reasonable task deemed necessary.
- May be required to work out of area during periods of varying workload volumes and during engineer shortages which can require overnight stays.
- Always carry your ID and any Health and Safety accreditation (cards) when at work.
- Engineers required to work on-call for 1 in 5 weekends
Records and Documentation
- To accurately and clearly complete all paperwork/electronic data as required by Wastekit or the customer according to the company procedures.
- Accurately record time, parts used and any other details either electronically or manually as required.
- Prompt action should be taken to ensure replacement parts are acquired to replenish van stock or parts specially ordered to return to a breakdown being mindful of any customer SLAs.
- Pass on any new business leads to sales department.
- Shall have good fault-finding and diagnostic skills
- To be able to understand hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams.
- Will be able to show and apply sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles
- Can use and understand various electrical and hydraulic test equipment
- Be aware of the Company’s procedures, and adhere to them always.
- To pass on any technical knowledge that may help other engineers.
- Use good engineering practice and standards always.
- Update engineering knowledge when able.
- Always use cost effective but safe measures to carry out tasks
- Can work with the minimum of supervision
- To attend meetings and training courses as required by your Line Manager.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS.
- Ideally from a service engineering /electrical or hydraulic background. With an ability to demonstrate the skill of fault finding.
- City & Guilds electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Competent in the use of electrical and hydraulic test equipment.
- A sound knowledge of single and three phase electrical equipment and hydraulic circuits.
- Competent to work on electrical and hydraulic circuits
- A mature disciplined approach and good personal administrative and customer care skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00 /year