DesignBuild Search are now hiring an MEP Quantity Surveyor for a leading independent Project & Cost Management Consultancy in Dublin City.
- Degree qualified in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying.
- 5+ years’ experience with a leading MEP Contractor or Consultancy
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
Typical duties & responsibilities:
- Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Experience in project management
- Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, managing issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction.
Give Ian Doyle a call on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more about this and other roles available with DesignBuild Search.