DesignBuild Search are now partnered with one of Ireland’s Top 20 Main Contractors. They are a leading construction contractor and are heavily involved in a number of Commercial, Residential, & Fitout projects. We are currently recruiting an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor for one of their RC Frame projects in Dublin.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- 2-5 years QS experience (ideally with a Main Contractor or large subcontractor)
- Work closely and assist the QS/Estimating teams
- Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Consult with other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
- Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors, explores variances, manging issues in conjunction with manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and schedule work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
Give Ian Doyle a call on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more about this and other roles available with DesignBuild Search.