Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The role will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The Scientific Technical Specialist provides in-line technical support to ensure the continued manufacture and supply of quality pharmaceutical products in meeting the company priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan. This role is responsible for all aspects of method and equipment validation, assisting in the effective and efficient running of the method, equipment validation and small scale optimisation operations programs. In addition, providing on-going technical support to the site in the area of contamination control. Works with moderate work direction and is skilled and knowledgeable to the position.
- Knowledgeable in protein chemistry and analytical techniques in a Chemistry Separations laboratory (e.g. HPLC, GC, CE, SDS-PAGE and protein biochemistry etc.), Method validations, method transfers and Equipment qualifications in a GMP environment.
- Perform laboratory experiments required to deliver on project timelines
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including method optimisation and troubleshooting
- Preparation of documentation associated with the projects in accordance with GDP (good documentation practice) and site procedures.
- Lead and Participate in cross-functional projects, problem solving teams for troubleshooting, and investigations across site.
- Prepare, review and approval of technical documents, procedures, CAPAs, change control, deviations, metrics, etc.
- Adhere to highest quality standards
To be considered for this role you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- MSc/BSc. qualification (Science)
- At least 3 years' industry experience working with chemistry techniques (e.g. HPLC, GC, CE, SDS-PAGE and protein biochemistry etc.) in a QC/Analytical role group.
- High level written and verbal communications with advanced PC skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team with good project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, problem solving teams etc.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, corporate colleagues, cross functional teams.
- Qualifications/Experience: Minitab, Empower3, JMP, Trackwise
- Project management qualification such as, Project Management Professional (PMP) -
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47059 in all correspondence.