Orion Group are looking for an Operations UK Import Administrator for our multinational client based in the Dublin area. This is a Permanent Role.
Reporting directly to the Import Team Lead, the role holder's duties will be to provide full time support to a busy operations team. The main responsibilities of this role are to assist in one of our Import Key Accounts along with operations planning, general administrative duties, and delivering an excellent customer experience.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- To complete the day to day processing of import manifests and bookings in line with company policy and procedures.
- To provide excellent customer service to our customers by responding to customer enquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- To meet the operational day to day delivery needs of our customers in the most cost efficient and effective manner
- Responsible for ensuring that files are managed accordingly, and that billing and costing are input and processed as per company procedures and time frames.
- Responsible for keeping the customer fully informed on order progression and any deviations, exceptions or changes that may arise from time to time.
- Communicating with other departments as well as external parties to agree discrepancies raised by our agents.
- To display and promote a positive work environment through respecting & supporting work colleagues in the completion of all duties as directed
- Comply fully with the defined operating procedures (SOP's) and processes
- Comply fully with the administration duties inclusive of investigating, sourcing, processing, and inputting into reports or other reports as requested in a timely and efficient manner
- Support resources through effectively resolving service related issues and/or queries while proactively reviewing the most effective approach
- Support all continuous improvement initiatives including cross departmental projects through proactive engagement
- Proactively support and fully comply with the Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- 1-2 years' similar experience preferential
- Highly proficient on Excel and Reports.
- Previous office administration experience in an extremely fast paced
- environment with several team members.
- Knowledge of the Logistics / Freight Industry would be a distinct advantage
- Good Communications skills with proven work performance results.
- Exposure to working to KPI's and the deliverance of same.
- Professional and focussed approach with a high level to attention and detail.
- Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures around tight timelines
- Customer focussed with desire for strive for excellence
- Positive can do and highly ambitious approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Increased level of flexibility to meet timelines on reporting
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional Communication skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.