A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Asset Management professional to join our client a major agency as Head of Asset Management charged with improving national waterway infrastructures including moorings, jetties, harbours and service blocks in association with established partnerships with Local Authorities, LEADER partnerships and others to research, compile and implement Product Development Studies which provide a development pathway for tourism and recreation along national waterway corridors.
Position: Head of Asset Management
Reporting to: Technical Services Director
The Head of Asset Management will lead the Asset Management Team and coordinate development of Asset Management capabilities across all of our clients operations, converting vision and policy into strategic actions to manage associated risk. He/she will be expected to ensure condition, associated risks and future funding requirements for our client's structural assets are understood and assets meet legislative and relevant H&S requirements. This will form a key part of medium and long term financial planning for the organisation.
He/she will be responsible for development and implementation of inspection regimes, managing wider asset team, providing technical expertise and financial information to inform work programmes and provide asset data across all regions of the organisation. He/she will be required to report to the Director of Technical Services and wider Senior Management Team on performance of network of assets, providing accurate data to allow decision making and the strategic development of asset management systems and processes. He/she will also be required to manage consultants and contractors employed by our client on work relating to management of assets.
Asset Management Practice
• Lead / manage development of our client's Asset Management capabilities, processes, practices.
• Line management responsibility for Asset Management Team, including development, recruitment, planning and performance.
• Own clients Asset Management Strategy and strategies for whole life management of all client Asset Categories, including the continuous improvement and assurance of these strategies.
• Assist in capital planning process and management of capital allocations. This latter management responsibility delivered in conjunction with Director of Finance & Personnel and Senior Management Team.
• Chair Asset Management Steering Group consisting of representatives across wider Organisation.
• Own/update, with Finance, long term ‘steady state’ model for financial planning of assets.
• Assess, implement and manage both internal and external inspection programmes including development of inspection techniques and innovation to ensure best practise.
• Work as a member of Technical Services Team to ensure that projects and programmes for new and replacement assets are optimised in terms of whole life value.
• Be accountable for Asset Information Management System, its content including inputs and outputs and also promote its implementation across the wider organisation.
• Be accountable for implementation, development and management of organisations Project Management system which will sit alongside the Asset Information Management System.
• Report on current and predicted risk associated with Assets and current condition, identifying exceptions or specific concerns for escalation to the Senior Management Team.
• Develop and maintain links with peer organisations for sharing of good practice.
• Collaborate with environmental bodies and Our client's environmental section to ensure that environmental and heritage requirements are adhered to.
• Take account of environmental legislation, directives and issues in Asset Management decisions.
Health and Safety
• Contribute to and comply with our client’s Health and Safety Policy and arrangements.
• Take into account H&S requirements and issues in Asset Management decision making.
• Comply at all times with the regulations and standards of our client.
• Instruct, develop and manage staff working within the Asset Management team to enhance performance and meet business objectives.
• Lead development of Asset Management capabilities across the whole of our client and dreate, maintain and enhance productive working relationships internal and external to our client.
• Work effectively with other members of Engineering, Operations and Finance team.
• Represent client at meetings/functions both during and outside normal working hours.
• Possess a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Be a Chartered Member. (Engineers Ireland (EI) or Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE).
• Be a full member, or working towards full membership of a recognised institution for Asset Management (for example, the IAM and/or the AMC)
• Hold, or working towards a relevant qualification in Asset Management (such as IAM Certificate or Diploma or the CPAM or CSAM from the AMC).
• Hold a min of 5 years relevant post qualification experience in one or (preferably) more aspects of the asset lifecycle (asset acquisition, operations, maintenance and/or disposal).
• A current valid Driving Licence and access to a form of transport which will permit travel throughout Ireland.
Applicants must possess
• Knowledge experience of key issues involved in asset lifecycle within a water-based environment.
• Proven experience of working with asset risk and asset condition assessment, prioritisation and reporting
• Experience in making technical judgements and recommendations to ensure the risks attached to our client’s assets are managed and defined standards are met.
• Experience of developing internal and external inspection programmes and forwarding these programmes through procurement procedures.
• Experience of working with IT based systems for managing assets such as work, operational and asset management systems.
• Experience of working with IT based systems for the project management process involved in the delivery of capital works programmes.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety & Welfare requirements in asset lifecycle within a water-based environment.
• Proven experience of working on multiple projects within agreed budgets and to demanding time schedules.
• Understanding of the financial aspects of asset lifecycle planning.
• Possess an understanding of environmental issues involved in management of assets in a water based environment.
• Possess an understanding of the factors involved in working and managing assets in two jurisdictions.