Zenith Technologies are looking for a Senior OSIsoft PI Software Engineer to join our OSI team in Dublin. The Senior OSIsoft PI Software Engineer needs to have an in-depth experience of OSIsoft Data Historian Systems, Control Systems and Process Analysis.
The successful candidate should have an extensive background in Software Engineering with experience in systems analysis and software development within the pharmaceutical industry. He/she should be highly motivated, an innovative thinker and self-starter, with excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of the OSIsoft PI system architecture with 7 year plus experience in PI System implementations and Automation systems
- Experience designing and implementing highly reliable and large-scale systems with HA collectives and federated designs
- Experience installing, configuring, validating, and tuning PI Server and interfaces
- Experience implementing analytic solutions with PI Asset Framework Analytics, PI EF and AF Templates, PI Notifications and Performance Equations
- Experience installing and tailoring client software including PI Vision, ProcessBook, DataLink, and Rtreports
- Experience of Batch reporting solutions
- Database skills- familiar with SQL and Oracle databases and scripting essential
- Experience with PI Event Frames setup and configuration
- Custom application development on the PI System using VB.net or C#
- Experience writing software applications and web services using PI-SDK and AF-SDK
- Experience working with PLC and DCS-based control systems, building management systems, and/or energy management systems
- Solid understanding of Windows OS, networking, and system security fundamentals
- Experience with Windows system administration (Server 2016 /2012/2008/2003/2000)
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Min 4 years of experience with OSI PI software system implementation and maintenance
- Good technical knowledge of network security and TCP/IP protocol, DCOM, OPC comms.
- Good technical knowledge of networks and related hardware and software
- Prior Pharma industry experience is preferred but not essential.
- Prior Application development experience required
- Superb analytical and troubleshooting skills and methodical approaches to solving difficult problems
- OSIsoft trained and certified
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member, but can also work alone, unsupervised
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Passion for quality and excellence
- Enjoys customer interaction