Job title Estimating Administrator
Reports to Estimating Manager
To support the estimating function in providing tender costs and packages for bids for adjudication.
Duties and responsibilities
• Check, acknowledge and log all tender documents and amendments, plus monitor tender document movements throughout the office.
• Adding tender to Tender Work Load programme
• Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties and ensure BoQ’s are copied and drawings are prepared for site visits by assigned contracts manager / supervisor/ estimator
• Support the estimator in identifying sub-contractors and suppliers to issue enquiry packages to.
• Prepare enquiry packages and dispatch to sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Follow up supplier/sub-contractor phone calls and maintain a “live” progress schedule report.
• Ensure sub-contractor and supplier quotations are received and input into the estimating system. Hand-over and presentation of returned and completed tender bid enquiry package to the estimator.
• Attend tender launch and mid tender review meetings, brief team on tender enquiry status and supplier / sub-contractor feedback, take and issue minutes.
• Ensure all information and arrangements are made for tender adjudication meeting. Attend adjudication meeting and prepare summary minutes as directed.
• Maintain central tender filing system.
• On successful tender prepare files in conjunction with the estimator for hand- over meeting as directed by the estimator.
Qualifications and experience
Ability and knowledge of:
• Construction Materials, Methods & Technology
• Management Systems
• Local Subcontract Market
• Management responsibilities: MR1 – MR2.1
• Construction contract procedures: CP1 – CP 2.1
BASIC: the individual demonstrates limited use of competency and requires additional training to apply without assistance or frequent supervision
ADVANCED: the individual demonstrates a
the individual demonstrates in proficiency level which enables
depth proficiency level, can the competency to be exercised
assist, consult or lead others in effectively but has more to do.
the application of this competency Personal Leadership Basic Communicates Effectively Basic Business Insights Basic Strategic Thinking Basic Delivers Results Developing
Approved by: Signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: Date upon which the job description was approved Reviewed: Date when the job description was last reviewed