Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Lisburn¸ Northern Ireland
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, 36.25 hours per week
Duration of temporary role: Expected to last up to 12 months
Pay Rate: £10 PAYE or £11 Umbrella
Parking: Free onsite
As an integral member of the Employee Services Team, provide a modern, professional and customer focused HR administrative service to support the vision and mission of our client.
- To provide a professional and confidential administrative service for all aspects of the Human Resources function in accordance with the HR policy framework, HR best practice and Data Protection legislation. This includes support for Resourcing, Business Partnering and Equality & Legal units.
- To produce a range of general correspondence and ensure electronic and paper records are filed accurately and on a timely basis.
- To ensure electronic systems, databases and spreadsheets used by HR (for example Pharos MIS, Peodysy) are maintained accurately and on a timely basis.
- To ensure equality monitoring information is accurately and confidentially maintained.
- To ensure all computerised and manual employee records are up to date and accurate and to liaise with Establishment Office, Payroll and IT regarding changes.
- To carry out a wide range of generalist HR duties including calculating and administering annual leave, administering probationary and induction processes, co-ordinating work experience, administering mail etc.
- To attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of HR generally and Employee Services in particular.
- To produce minutes of meetings as required.
- To produce reports and statistics as required by management, committees and external agencies e.g. equality monitoring returns, employment surveys and any other relevant reports.
- To provide guidance and support to managers in employee services issues, including clarifying terms and conditions.
- To set up and assist as required with arrangements for HR related events e.g. equality and inclusion days in the community.
- To provide information to assist HR Managers in the preparation of responses to complaints, Freedom of Information requests, Data Protection requests, Ministerial, Parliamentary or NI Assembly questions.
- To demonstrate a team approach to achieving the objectives of HR generally and Employee Services specifically, through full flexibility in relation to tasks undertaken.
- Fully contribute to the performance of Human Resources function to ensure key performance indicators for the function are achieved.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have at least two years’ experience of working in an HR administration function.
- Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
- Effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to provide timely and accurate information
- Experience meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which will enable the post holder to fulfil the full requirements of the post in full