As a Technical Architect you will work as a member of the technology architects team to research and design innovative, new platform capabilities.
In the Position, You Will
- Work with product management, product analysts and development teams to identify and design new platform capabilities, ensuring that the implemented designs provides a robust, scalable, performant and commercially compelling platform.
- Investigate, select and incorporate industry leading technologies and patterns into the platform. In particular AWS technologies and services.
- Work with developers to assess the feasibility of proposed solutions and providing continuous support during implementation.
Required skills and experience:
- 8-10 years’ experience of, and a proven aptitude for software analysis and design.
- Ability to design platform APIs and capabilities that work together to deliver a durable, supportable and cohesive platform for the product suite.
- A detailed understanding of the technical aspects of security (eg SAML, AWS Cognito) and application security concerns (persona / roles) and how these impact API design.
- Expert level knowledge of industry leading technologies and techniques relevant to enterprise web application development, including:
- Java and Java EE
- Integrations / Web Services
- Performance & Scalability
- Experience of cloud technologies and in particular experience working with AWS technologies is a distinct advantage.
- Be capable of working in a reviewer role with others, ensuring that the integrity of the platform is preserved and promoted, and that proposals are reviewed meticulously for technical and functional soundness.
- Excellent communication skills – to communicate and promote the design of the software to key stakeholders, and engage in open discussions on prospective new features.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns including latest cloud, Java and web application development innovations.
- Experience with insurance software would be preferable but is not essential.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment