First People Solutions are working in partnership with a medium sized Engineering Consultancy in Dublin (26 employees). We're currently looking for Electrical Engineers to join the Electrical Engineering team of 7 people on a permanent or long term contract basis.
What do the company do?
The Engineering Consultancy work on a range of projects in a variety of industries such as Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Data Centre and Food and Beverage.
Where will the role be based?
It is an office role based in central Dublin which has free parking and is close to public transport links.
Who will I report to?
You will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and Control Systems. Depending on experience and project requirements you will be leading engineers.
Very good chance of development within the company, low staff turnover and they tend to promote from within. Most senior people have moved up in terms of their seniority and managerial responsibilities.
Relevant training will be funded by the company which will help develop your career.
What will I get in return?
- A competitive salary
- Private healthcare scheme
- Flexible work hours to fit around personal commitments
- Half day on a Friday
- Time in Lieu
- Less regimented office environment compared to larger companies
- Chance to work on some exciting projects in a range of industries
- Professional support (whether through training or professional accreditation)
Generally, what will I be doing?
- Lighting design using Dialux
- MV/LV MCC design including, SLD preparation, breaker sizing, overload settings etc.
- MV/LV cable sizing
- Containment sizing
- Emergency lighting design to current regulations
- Fire-alarm design to current regulations
- Preparation of electrical designs and draughting of same (lighting/floor plans, etc.)
- Checking of electrical drawings
- Site work, dealing with clients/electrical contractors
- Attendance at site meetings
- Estimating values of both completed works and where required approximate values of any additional works
- Snag list preparation (of installed works)
What background will I need?
- 3 years previous experience within an engineering office or manufacturing company
- Proficient in CAD
- Able to work on your initiative
- Familiarity with software suites such as Amtech or Easypower or PTW etc.
- Experience with BIM/Revit systems is essential.
For more information on this role, either give me, Kathryn Mulvanny at First People Solutions a call, or simply apply for this advertisement.