The Part-Time Payroll Administrator will support our company’s day-to-day finance procedures. Based in our office Belfast office looking after the business in the Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom and reporting to the Finance Director.
- Add new staff to the payroll system
- Liaising with HR to ensure all documents have been approved
- Maintain Holiday entitlement
- Bank Holiday calculations (if applicable) –hours report from the system
- Employee expenses – keep an adequate record to include:
- Check carers who get paid mileage – adjust for any carers who work less days that week.
- Add any expenses to the system submitted by carers (parking, client shopping, taxi etc.
- Contract Care Staff – ensure staff are meeting their full obligation and pay accordingly
- Calculate deductions for contract carers (unpaid sick leave) and calculate wages for any who started or finished mid-month
- Communications with Area Managers to ensure they provide the correct information to Finance re: sick leave and holidays
- Email payslips to carers
- Liaising with HR / other depts to ensure that all payroll updates are documented and approved
- Resolving queries
- Preparing and posting monthly journals
- Preparing monthly payroll reports and reconciliations
The post holder:
- Must have due regard to Connected Health’s current management arrangements for Data Quality. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that the data they collect, manage and report, including data from third parties is accurate, valid, reliable, relevant, complete and produced in a timely fashion to aid sound decision making and that appropriate procedures, systems and processes are in place to provide quality data.
- Must work in accordance with the Connected Health’s policies, procedures, information, instructions, and/ or training received.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibility associated with the post. It is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be required to undertake such other duties as may be required to meet the needs and responsibility of the Company.
- 1-2 Years’ Experience in a Payroll Position
- An in-depth knowledge of Excel operations.
- You must be comfortable working to different deadlines and managing a busy workload
- You must be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, at all levels