Building Staff Solutions (BSS) is seeking a Contracts Manager to work in the Greater Dublin area for our client, a Leading Specialist Facade Contractor.
What you have to do
- To ensure that budgets are known at the outset of the contract, and that costs are managed throughout the duration of the contract to bring the contract to completion within budget and in the most efficient way possible.
- To ensure that all parties involved on our contracts (internal and external) recognise and adapt to the high-quality outputs expected of us from our customers, and that the tools provided by the Quality Management System are fully utilised (adapted where necessary) to facilitate this.
- To ensure that Site Safety statements and specific risk analyses are produced, updated as required and communicated to all relevant parties.
- To ensure that safe methods of work are employed by all personnel employed by the company.
- Filing systems are in place and utilised for all required Health & Safety Documentation for contracts in your control.
- New employees, employed on your contracts receive Company and site safety inductions, and are made aware of all relevant Safety and Health considerations in the undertaking of our works on site.
- To ensure that contractors are employed with sufficient numbers and the necessary skills, to satisfactorily complete our works on time, within budget, safely and to the highest standards.
- To ensure that our business is conducted on site in the most professional manner possible in the interests of continued relationships with our important customer base.
- To actively partake in continuous improvement initiatives important to the company, and to communicate any shortcomings or ideas which will enable the company to improve our performance.
- To prepare and issue progress and financial reports on a defined time basis (weekly or monthly as necessary) necessary for efficient and effective company management systems.
- To ensure that diaries and contract related correspondence are kept and filed throughout the duration of the contract, and that these are collated and archived as appropriate following the completion of the contract.
- To collate and issue the contract safety file to our customer at or prior to, the completion of the contract
What you need to have
- Excellent ability to communicate openly at all levels, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of modern construction techniques
- Knowledge of Curtain Walling and Architectural Glazing technologies
- Drawing Interpretation Skills - must be able to fully interpret and understand all of the information given on Architectural and Engineering drawings pertinent to our industry
- "IOSH Managing Safely in Construction" is a minimum requirement course and is vital for a full understanding of Irish construction safety law
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office package - namely Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read drawings and review details generated on AutoCAD
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Project - namely programme generation and management
- Civil Engineering or Construction / Project Management qualifications or expertise is an advantage
What you get in return
- Competitive salary
- Early-finish Friday's
- Monthly company breakfast morning
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free health screening
- Career development
- Social activities
- Free parking
- Excellent working environment.
- Genuine career progression in a fast paced environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael for more information.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.