Our client has an immediate requirement for a Tendering / Project Supply Chain Specialist to join their Dublin office. As the Tender / Project Supply Chain Manager for our clients Grid Integration entity you will directly report to the Local Supply Chain Manager and in-direct to the allocated Local Product Group Manager(s) in your local unit. In close cooperation with the local Tender Project Team you shall be responsible for establishing the Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the sourcing related conditions of the client´s tender specification and our clients global/ territory sourcing strategy and for facilitating its adoption by all parties during tender process. During project execution phase you shall deploy the Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) into a Project Procurement Plan (PPP) and ensure SCM related deliverables are achieved in relation to price, quality and delivery in line with project requirements.
Areas of Work
- Pro-active participate in Tender-/ Capture Team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects
- Identification of sourcing related opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensure flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers / contractors
- Develops schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements under the tender and project.
- Issue the project related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy, identified sourcing related opportunities and critical project conditions under consideration of the overall PG global/ territory sourcing strategies
- Collaborates with tender teams to identify new suppliers and supplier changes, and ensures customer approval for Tender/project supplier list.
- Document the TSP in the PGGI standard "TSP Template", if not retrieved from ABB Procure
- Communicate the TSP to the local tender team and involve Territory Category Leaders (Cables & Subcontracts); Lead Strategic Sourcing Manager (Transformers, MV&HV GIS) respectively Global Strategic Sourcing Manager for affected commodities
- Receive approval of the TSP from Tender Engineer and LPG Manager and Local SCM
- Ensure that RfQ's are issued in compliance to the TSP (incl. tender specific terms & conditions)
- Define, together with Strategic Sourcing Team, the target price for main equipment
- Supporting tender responsible in issuing the project budget and time schedule by providing timely and accurately input from suppliers´ quotations incl. provision/ commitment of anticipated qualified improvement potentials
- Ensure that suppliers/ subcontractors considered in the tenders to the client are qualified according to the Supplier
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Masters or bachelor degree in an engineering discipline or business administration or any other qualification that is deemed suitable for the role e.g. degree, etc
- Good English both written and spoken
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a project environment
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a supply chain function
- Minimum 2 years experience in procurement of tailored equipment
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts
- Strength in commercial/legal aspects of purchasing
- Excellent communication & proven negotiation skills
- Drive to continuously create results and innovative solutions
- Skilled communicator who can interface with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.